1. The Regional Government of West Java Province and Infrastructure Asia (InfraAsia) signed a Letter of Intent (LoI) today to cooperate on the acceleration of infrastructure projects in West Java. The one-year LoI will focus on the urban transportation, waste management, and water sectors. Specifically, InfraAsia will bring together the Singapore-based infrastructure players to:
- Conduct knowledge sharing sessions, focusing on international best practices and key building blocks that will ensure successful delivery of infrastructure projects;
- Provide high-level project structuring recommendations to increase the bankability and attractiveness of West Java infrastructure projects to international investors and financiers; and
- Facilitate West Java’s access to financing for the resultant bankable infrastructure projects through Singapore’s financial ecosystem.
2. Pak Ridwan Kamil, West Java Governor, said, “West Java is a key province leading post pandemic economic recovery in Indonesia. Infrastructure led recovery will be a major theme for us. We remain open to foreign investors and have put in place even stronger measures to ensure an investor friendly climate. This LoI signing with InfraAsia is hence very timely and valued. Through this institutional collaboration with InfraAsia, I look forward to a stronger collaboration between West Java, international companies based in Singapore, and the rest of the world”.
3. Mr Seth Tan, InfraAsia’s Executive Director, said, “West Java is an important province in InfraAsia’s overall engagement with Indonesia because of its sizeable infrastructure needs, and significance as a key driver for Indonesia’s economic recovery. West Java remains a bright spot for our networks and we are pleased with the opportunity to deepen our partnership with the province. Through this cooperation, we hope to contribute to West Java’s infrastructure agenda, and support the Singapore-based ecosystem to better access, participate in and finance a series of infrastructure projects in West Java. An example of how this is done is through the deep-dive project engagement virtual workshops that InfraAsia organises for the series of West Java projects, where we bring international firms to share their experience and expertise with the workshop participants.”
For media enquiries, please contact:
Dr. Iendra Sofyan, S.T., M.Si
Phone: +62 22 2516061
Ms Foo Xiao Xuan
Business Partner, Corporate Communications
DID: +65 6433 4400
Ms Poh Mei Yi
DID: +65 6433 4619
About Bappeda Jabar
Bappeda Jabar serves as the Secretariat for regional development planning, technical policy formulation, coordination, guidance, facilitation, and the monitoring and evaluation of provincial government affairs. It also carries out administrative responsibilities, which include the planning and reporting, finance and asset oversight, staffing and general affairs, and coordination across sectors.
About Infrastructure Asia
Infrastructure Asia (InfraAsia) aims to support Asia’s social and economic growth through infrastructure development. InfraAsia was established by Enterprise Singapore and Monetary Authority of Singapore to support infrastructure financing and development in the region. It does so through early project scoping, best practice sharing and brokering, harnessing Singapore’s best-in-class infrastructure ecosystem (international developers, engineering and professional services, along with financial institutions and multilateral development entities).
It also works with global players in the regional infrastructure ecosystem and leverages the collective capabilities and networks of various government agencies to catalyse more trade and investments into infrastructure in the region.